Friday, March 26, 2010

What you do when you can no longer stand to look at your porch.

Yesterday, I went outside to do something while Little Monkey napped and completely forgot what I went out there to do when I looked at this:

Beach kitchen and march 10 036

We got two of these trees about 4 years ago and over time, leaves have fallen off, the tops have broken and what once were dark green leaves are now almost blue.  I’ve been considering just throwing them away, but WE PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THOSE SUCKERS.  So, I started ripping leaves off to see what I could do with them.

Beach kitchen and march 10 038

One down, and now I realize the Christmas wreath is still on the door.  Yes, people, I realize it’s almost April!  At least I got the rest of decorations up before February.  (Seriously, one year it took us until March, not a proud moment.) 

Beach kitchen and march 10 043 

I’m not thrilled with the ribbon and I don’t know what else to do with the topiaries?  But I think they have potential.  I was thinking more twinkly lights, but it needs MORE.  When we have a day where we don’t have a million and one things to do, I’ll go in search of ribbon and “stuff” for the topiaries and once again love my porch.

In the meantime, at least I have the right seasonal wreath on door.  That’s something, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment